How to apply for CCL Programs
»Center for Conservation Leadership Program for new students:
2018 program details will be announced in January.
The CCL Certificate Program is challenging, rewarding and fun. The program is comprised of:
- A three-week summer residential experience
- Workdays and educational seminars (2018 summer; 2018 - 2019 school year)
- Mentored environmental stewardship project completed by March, 2019
Students applying to the CCL Program must make a commitment to all three components of the program: summer experience, school year workshops and environmental stewardship project.
To Apply for the Certificate Program:
- Students must have completed 8th or 9th grade in 2018.
- Students must agree to participate in all three components of the program (see above).
- Submit all application materials by March 16, 2018.
Application materials include:
- Completed Application questions;
- Recommendation form;
- Financial aid* materials (if applicable);
- Upon receipt of application, students will be contacted for an interview.
- Students will be notified of their admission decision on April 1, 2018.
APPLY EARLY! Admissions are rolling and preference is given to students who submit their applications early.
*Need-based financial assistance is available. Interested applicants should include a parental statement indicating need, qualifications or special circumstances. A copy of the most recent tax return must also be attached. If the applicant qualifies for free lunch at school, please send that documentation. This information is due with the application by March 16, 2018.
»High School Stewardship Program for Returning Students:
The CCL High School Stewardship Program (HSSP) is a comprehensive summer program incorporating environmental education, enhanced leadership development, an internship and a week long trip to reinforce skills and principles learned during the summer.
Summer 2018 HSSP dates will be announced in January 2018. This will include a six week internship and week-long trip to northern Michigan.
Requirements for Stewardship Program:
- You must have completed the Certificate Program.*
- You must be willing to make a commitment to the entire six week summer internship
- You may be able to participate in the northern Michigan trip without completing the six week internship. This is evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Submit an essay on a separate piece of paper indicating your reasons for wanting to work as a steward through CCL
- If interested please contact Susie Hoffmann at [email protected]
Program Cost and Financial Aid
The comprehensive fee for the Certificate Program is $3,250. This covers tuition, room, board, transportation and activities.
Partial and full scholarships are available to qualified students. Interested applicants should include a parent’s statement indicating need, qualifications or special circumstances with the application. A copy of the most recent tax return must also be attached. If you qualify for free lunch at school, please send that documentation.
All Certificate Program applicants must submit a $200 deposit upon acceptance.
Students contribute $200 to the cost of the summer internship trip. Through their work as interns, students earn the remaining costs of the trip and other educational programming.
Click here to make a Tuition Payment